Eggplant is in season and my garden is overflowing with it! Spaniards love eggplant and in our region of Spain, Catalunya, then often serve it with a mixture of grilled vegetables: a dish called Escalivada. This is a bit different. I've created an easy dish that can be served warm or room temperature, perfect for warm summer nights. I'm not giving any amounts in this recipe because it really doesn't matter. That's just how I flow in easy, breezy summertime! Serve this with our delicious Tizona Old Vine Zinfandel and a steak, or salad if you prefer going light in the evening.
- Burrata Cheese
- Pine nuts (optional)
- Bell Peppers, any color (optional)
- Olive Oil
- Salt Flakes
- Slice eggplant and sprinkle with salt. Let sit 10 min to sweat out juices. Brush with olive oil and grill.
- Arrange on platter. Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil.
- Gently tear open burrata and arrange on top of eggplant-basil.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive and sprinkle with salt flakes.
- Add toasted pinenuts (optional)
- Other options is add a layer or grilled bell peppers.
- Delish with Old Vine Zinfandel